Press and Social Media Trips
If you are interested in organizing a Press Trip, looking for online PR with a social media slant, or working together on our print travel magazine columns, we would love to talk to you. We are open to hosted travel and will write about our experiences in a variety of venues. I am also open to Girlfriend Getaway travel on my own. We will be honest, fair and professional in everything we print. The posts on Wanderlustwonder will be labeled as sponsored posts.
What have you done?
We have worked with a variety of clients, including hotels and restaurants, PR companies and CVB’s. Some examples are the MDI Media Group; Geiger PR; Hayworth PR; the Savannah, Georgia CVB; the Phoenix/Scottsdale CVB; the Roanoke, Virgina CVB; the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Caroline; the Ember Room in New York City; and Tower Tours in San Francisco. We would be happy to provide you with detailed information and references from any of our clients.
What we can do for you:
- Full coverage of the trip on our travel blog, which means a minimum of about one post each day which would include different aspects of the trip, such as food, accommodations, tours, etc. Our blog is experiential, so we visit and experience everything we cover.
- Live-blogging our experiences during the trip, if Internet access permits. These posts are designed to create current interest and are in addition to the more detailed posts I will write on my return. Here is an example of a post I wrote while cruising with Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- Articles on other online venues for which we write and photograph, including, but not limited to SavvyGal, Girlsgetaway, Travelhoppers, Travel Generation and Travel + Escape.
- Reviews of restaurants visited on Urbanspoon.
- Twitter: During our trips, I regularly tweet @janross53 about the interesting things I see and do to build interest and excitement about the trip. I also use Twitter to promote blog posts and build readership.
- Pinterest: I have several Pinterest boards and pin everything I write.
- Content for tourism boards, companies, etc. I am happy to share my articles and have them appear on your website, blog, newsletter, etc. We are also willing to work with you on photographing specifically for brochures, web sites, etc.
- Magazines: We write and photograph a travel column for two magazines, “Living Well 50 Plus” and “Ky Doc”. Combined, readers number over 60,000 and these are individuals who are very interested in travel. We have also worked with other print magazines, including “Harbors”, “Pique Newsmagazine” and “Senior Living” magazine in Vancouver. In addition, we may be able to place articles in other print magazines about our experiences.
Case Study – Arizona Press Trip
We worked with several tourism groups, hotels, restaurants and tour operators for a two-week press trip to Arizona. Here’s a sample of what we did in return. Most of the photos in every article were taken by Tom.
During our stay, I wrote a series on the hotel amenities, as well as regularly posting on Facebook and Twitter.
Sample amenities review: The Hotel Valley Ho
When we returned home, I wrote several articles.
Foodie Tours on Travel for Boomers, which mentions a Scottsdale foodie tour: Foodie Tours
Spa Visit on Savvygal.com: I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues
Sample Hotel Review: The Inns at El Rancho Merlita
Sample Restaurant Review (They are also cross-listed on Urbanspoon): Deseo
Sample Tour Review: Pink Jeep Tours in Sedona
Article for Travel for Boomers: Five Fabulous Places in Arizona
Hotel Review for Examiner.com: The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa
Magazine Article for “Living Well 50+”: Scottsdale Arizona
Article for Travel + Escape: They Don’t Just Eat Tacos in Arizona
Case study - Accommodation reviews
Below you’ll find some links to examples of accommodation reviews, both on my own travel blog and for other online and print venues.
Reviews of products, activities, accommodations or activities will be considered on a case-by-case basis and the post will be labeled as a sponsored post.
We do not accept guest posts on Wanderlustwonder as we prefer the blog to be experiential and only about our own adventures.
We will accept relevant, family-friendly advertising in different forms and travel related ads are best. Wanderlustwonder appeals to 50+ travelers looking for a vacation or a weekend getaway, couples looking for a romantic or luxury getaway and women travelers of all ages. We have had over 22,000 readers this year alone from over 100 countries and the number is growing daily.
Blog Post Sponsorship
We accept sponsorship of posts that are written by us. Sponsorship includes a brief paragraph (1-4 sentences) at the bottom of the post citing you as the sponsor, with text provided by you about your business. The sponsor paragraph includes a link to your website and is for periods of 3 months or 6 month paid in advance through Paypal.
125 x 125 square sidebar banner
Your 125 x 125 pixel banner in the sidebar, shown on all pages. New ads will be placed at the bottom of the page and move up as older ads expire.
300 x 250 rectangular sidebar banner
Your 300 x 250 pixel banner in the sidebar, shown on all pages.